Display a warning when the selected file type does not support swatch names

Started by desbest, August 19, 2023, 08:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

desbest

Hello I have a feature request.
How about displaying a warning when the selected file type does not support swatch names?

I mean when trying to save the file.

By default it asks me to save using the .pal format and whether it's 16 bit or 32 bit, that file type doesn't support swatch names. So when I opened it again, I lost all my swatch names.  :'(

Richard Moss

Hello,

Thanks for the bug report. Warnings should have been displayed but there was a nice subtle bug causing them sometimes not to be displayed. However, there wasn't an explicit warning regarding swatch names, so I've added one of these too.

This will be present in 1.8.0.482 or higher.

Regards;
Richard Moss
Read "Before You Post" before posting (https://forums.cyotek.com/cyotek-webcopy/before-you-post/). Do not send me private messages. Do not expect instant replies.

All responses are hand crafted. No AI involved. Possibly no I either.

desbest

Thank you for your help.

However while the warnings display when using "save as", it doesn't appear when using the "export wizard" feature.

Richard Moss

Hello,

Thanks for the further feedback. I'd half forgotten that existed, I myself use the "Save Copy As" command which was added latter. The "general" Export was doing compatibility checks, but it lacked the context of knowing what the existing format was so it could only do basic checks on the new format (e.g. min / max colours). I've reworked the flow so it has the additional context and now it can run the full set of checks.

This will be present in 1.8.0.484 or higher.

The "general" Export dialog flow is a little annoying so at some point I'll tweak that further.

Regards;
Richard Moss

Edit: Fixed build number
Read "Before You Post" before posting (https://forums.cyotek.com/cyotek-webcopy/before-you-post/). Do not send me private messages. Do not expect instant replies.

All responses are hand crafted. No AI involved. Possibly no I either.